Thursday, November 14, 2013

Opting for Transparency



In a society where everyone likes to be private, and where people build walls so they won't get hurt, I want to bring the option of being transparent to the table.

Transparency means:
1:  something transparentespecially :  a picture (as on film) viewed by light shining through it or by projection

2:  the quality or state of being transparent

What does that mean in day to day life?

What does that mean in relationships? 

I will tell you what it means for me on a day to day basis. 

For me it means to be open in ways that are highest and best good for all. 

When a cashier asks me how is my day is, it is not in the highest and best good for that cashier to let them know that my car broke down and I got fired etc.. (thankfully that has never happened to me!)

It is in the highest and best good of the cashier to know that though my day hasn't been the easiest, I know that I have people who support and love me, and that I know I am strong enough to handle it, even when the going gets tough.

It is my desire and wish to be absolutely transparent with my partner, my mate, because I promised him I would never "play fox" be secretive, hold back.

When he get's me, he gets all of me.

Sometimes this is awesome… sometimes it can be a difficult thing to be honest like this.

I have caught myself before holding back, and then I have to pause, go back and say; this is the whole story.

Growing up, I constantly had to "play fox". 
If I told my parents the whole story whether good or bad, I would most likely get in trouble.

Growing up, my parents did not encourage telling the truth.

This is not specifically to say they encouraged me to lie... rather when I would tell them the truth…

… and it wasn't what they wanted to hear… I would still get in trouble.

It was easiest therefore to hold back some part of the truth and give them what they wanted to hear instead.

Thus a life long cultivation of holding back.

I know I am not alone in this… training myself to be transparent has been one of the hardest… and most rewarding things I have done, and continue to do.

I can truly be myself… clean and clear with my intention, and love it just because I AM the way I AM.

I was recently invited to a woman's group which didn't turn out to be the right fit for me at the time.

The woman's group wanted to have absolute confidentiality, you couldn't talk about what went on in the group… situations… or ANYTHING.

This also goes for a men's groups I have recently  heard about.

They can not talk about anything to anyone… including their spouse's even if their spouse comes up in conversation.

For me… this does not build transparency and unity… for me it creates secrecy and tends to divide. 

I can understand the caution… not to gossip… I can understand not using names… I can even understand confidentiality.

However what I cannot understand is keeping information that might build and grow each other a "secret". 
This does not encourage bringing relationships together… this does not encourage being open and transparent…

… because then you have someone who can not tell you something because their group said so... sort of reminds me of high school and cliques… and not something I wish to repeat.  

I believe that the most growth happens when we shift and change and are transparent in a way that is highest and best good for all. 

I am not talking about being transparent in a way that would hurt others.

I always gauge it by what is highest and best good for all.

If it causes harm, I don't do it.

I hope others can be encouraged to be transparent… otherwise how can we truly see and be seen.

Let us be ONE and join together to bring about clear, clean intent, love, peace, and WHOLEsome Oneness. 

~ Wisdom of Redd Foxit http://reddfoxit.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment