Monday, November 10, 2014

One piece of advice I would give every person… it would be to get lost.



If there’s one piece of advice I would give every person…

… it would be to get lost.

Finding yourself is not a comfortable process, nor should it be. It is petrifying.

This period of confusion is the catalyst for questioning everything, for evaluating your life and your place in it.

When you start asking the questions, you will find the answers.

Just be prepared… your answers may not be the answers you want, but they are always the answers you need.

If you already feel lost, listen closely.

Your spirit is screaming, “Help! I’m bored and confused.

This present circumstance is no longer fulfilling me.

Start looking again. Search every corner. Try new things.

Fail miserably and then try something else until you find me.

Keep going until you laugh again, until you discover understanding, acceptance, happiness, joy, and most importantly, purpose.”

When you feel lost, you’ve lost your purpose.

I remember being consumed with guilt for feeling unappreciative of my blessed life.

Over the past few years, I’ve learned that my external circumstance (no matter how perfect it may appear) is insignificant if my internal circumstance is broken, lost and void of aspirations.

If I have no purpose, my surroundings will feel purposeless too.

How do you find purpose?

Do something, anything. Do anything that is the opposite of what you are doing right now.

Get uneasy, get scared, become a beginner again.

If you think you know it all, find something you know nothing about, and learn it well.

Observe how you respond and react.

You will learn something new about yourself; not only about your character, but what turns on your light.

Once you’ve found something that turns on your light, you’ve found purpose.

When you place yourself in foreign situations, you arrive in your most concentrated form.

You will always bump into yourself in the unfamiliar.

The most difficult part of this process is the aloneness.

You can’t rely on anyone else to guide you in the right direction.

This is a solo mission. Doing it alone, is the whole point of the journey.

Listen to yourself regardless of what others may say.

All that matters is your encouragement, not others’ discouragement.

What got me through was trust. I trusted I was always where I was supposed to be, and I would end up where I was meant to be.

This is your one life.


It would be a tragedy to never discover yourself.

You can’t discover yourself unless you look for yourself, so get lost.

~Rebecca Lammersen

No comments:

Post a Comment