Saturday, November 22, 2014

Finding My Way

I was lost and now I find myself inside of you.
It is here that I find a blanket of warmth and safety...
... for my sometimes cold and lonely soul.
I bask in the light of your thoughts and your attention.

I have opened the door to your heart and I have entered inside...
... and now you carry me with you wherever you go.
I reside here and I am aware that the door remains open...
... unlocked for my departure if and when that time comes.

I sit here in the corner, there is a fire burning, it keeps me warm.
I feed myself with your beating pulse...
... and each night I crawl into one of your many soft spaces...
... and I’m not sure if you are aware of it...
... but you tuck me in gently with the closing of your eyes.

When morning comes... I am awakened by your first breath...
... your thoughts, they pass through my dreams on the way to your mind.
When tears come to your eyes...
... though they may not fall upon your rose red cheeks...
... I catch them here inside.

I open the door to let them out and the tears become the ocean...
... where memories and dreams can swim.
There are windows here inside your heart...
... and when you smile the sun shines through them...
... giving life and nourishment to the seeds planted long ago...
... that still grow upon your window sills.

I watch and help tend to them as they reach for the light.
These plants have names you know... like
* faith
* hope
* love
* courage
* strength
* compassion
* empathy
* forgiveness
* and spirit.
They each have a purpose, they have many colors...
... and they make the most beautiful music as they grow.

They tell me that it is not only the sun that helps them reach their destination.
They are on an endless journey...
... and the salty tears are just as important as the winter snow...
... and the spring rain.

They tell me that all experiences in life have their meaning...
... in order to help twist their vines of wisdom through the proper channels...
... so that they may have lasting and far reaching effects.

It is beautiful here inside your heart. 
It is safe and filled with yearning.
I am grateful to find comfort here...
... and when it is time for me to move on...
... I will leave here with so much 
* understanding
* wisdom
* faith
* hope
* love
* courage
* strength
* compassion
* empathy and spirit.

1 comment:

  1. Wow ...absolutely beautiful! <3 touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes! <3

    ReplyDelete