Thursday, December 4, 2014

A radical writing experience from many years ago



 
I have been commissioned to create a command performance.

Who will be gathering to dance for me and where will this extraordinary event take place?

What are the dancers wearing and what am I wearing?

Hmmmmmm  could I be so powerful that I could actually commission a command performance?

Well I suppose I could in this imagination, but I really don’t even know where to begin or what to choose.

It is like having so many talents and it can be so hard to choose just one…

… just one kind of dance one kind of rhythm…

… one kind of music…

… and then why not just dance and act it out and see what comes up out of this imagination of creation.

It is held in a place like Central Park, a place that is open to the night sky and the air and to all people in this city of hope and expression, where the Woman with a torch welcomes all travelers.

I have commissioned a command performance, wow and many thousands have arrived, all of humanities diversity to see to feel and to witness this dance of creation.

There is no charge for this performance… no… this is open to all who wish to see and to feel.

I am not on the stage but, I am in the front row in the middle and I am witnessing and feeling and observing what is about to happen.

I am wearing layers of clothing of silk and cashmere and feel completely enveloped with texture of softness and warmth against my skin…

… and the colors are of jewels of gold and emerald greens and purples and deep reds.  

I am feeling alive and the stage is set and everything is dark except for the night sky and the full moon and it is quiet…

… except for the movement of people trying to find their seats.

The excitement I feel is beyond words… it cannot be described really…

… and the feeling is here and it is exploding throughout my trillions of cells like the stars in the sky.

I remind myself that I am breathing… yes I am breathing… and that is what I focus on as the dancers begin to appear upon the stage.
They are all naked with outfits of different colored skins that form their bodies perfectly…

… and they are all the children of the one creator and they have come together to express what it means to be alive with awareness of the gift of this breath…

… and they begin to dance…

… and there is a choreographer and it is not me…

… it is their creator…

… their creator - choreographer SELF.
They have all come to share from their hearts.

Their dances become like whirling dervishes…

… each unique and individual to each one of them…

… and all they needed from me was guidance and support to release an usher it into the present …

… to express the gratitude that was inside of them and to remind them that it had always been there…

… that which they were longing and looking for outside of themselves was all there inside.    
 
And I sit and I listen and I feel just as they do…

… and we all realize that we are all the same being dancing and that we were never separate… never.

The crowd is moved by what they see and feel…
… I breathe it in and stay in my seat to remain anonymous…

… as I do not need to have the accolades.

I just love to inspire... and one who has had the gift of remembering what is true and real... of the heart.

All they needed was a mirror held up for them…

… for them to see that what they were looking for…

… was what was looking back at them…

… and they dance…

… they danced the dance of “joy of creation and of gratitude”.

~ Janet Maddox

No comments:

Post a Comment