Friday, August 26, 2011

Enemies are only friends who have not learned to join.

There are no true enemies in life, for all war and conflict are born of confusion. This I must understand. A life without Knowledge can only be confused and must create its own inner guidance system, which is merely the ideas and beliefs with which it identifies itself. Thus, individuals have their own individual purpose and self-identity. These evaluations clash with those of other individuals, and thus one to one, group to group, nation to nation and world to world, war is generated and waged.

In Knowledge this is not possible, for in Knowledge all are my friends. I recognize each person to be at whatever stage of development he or she is currently engaged. I may become involved with some of them, and with some of them I may not. Some of them may be able to receive my contribution directly, while others will need to receive it indirectly. But they are all my friends. There is no opposition in Knowledge, for there is only one Knowledge in the universe. It expresses itself through each individual. As each individual becomes more purified as a vehicle for Knowledge, as each individual becomes a greater recipient of Knowledge and as each individual follows Knowledge and becomes responsible to Knowledge, then the opportunity for him or her to be in conflict will diminish and eventually will disappear.

I will recognize that all war and conflict simply express a lack of capacity for those involved to join. When individuals join, they recognize a common need, which becomes their primary need. This must be born of Knowledge and not idealism if it is to be actualized. It must be born of Knowledge and not mere philosophy if it is to lead to true action and true involvement. Thus, I become a peacemaker and a peacekeeper in the world as I follow as a student of Knowledge. The stronger Knowledge is within me, the weaker will be my fear and ambivalence. In this way, war within me will be ended, and my life will be a demonstration that war is unnecessary.

I will dedicate myself today to ending war within the world by ending war within myself so that I may be a peacemaker and a peacekeeper. Upon the hour I will remind myself of today’s lesson and apply it to the world that I see around me. I will apply it to all of the conflicts in the world of which I am aware. I will try to understand its complete relevancy to these conflicts. This will require that I see these conflicts from a different point of view in order to realize the full impact and meaning of today’s idea. It is this point of view that I must cultivate, for I must learn to see as Knowledge sees, to think as Knowledge thinks and to act as Knowledge acts. All this I will most certainly accomplish as I follow Knowledge each day.

I will return to stillness and silence so that I may strengthen my ability to cultivate and prepare myself to be an emissary of Knowledge in the world. This is my responsibility today. This will permeate all of my other activities and give them value and meaning, for today I am a student of Knowledge.

1 comment: