Thursday, July 28, 2011

I have come to teach in the world

I have come to teach. All I have been doing is teaching since I arrived here. My thoughts and my behavior are the vehicles for teaching. Even as a little child I taught and delighted and frustrated those who loved me. Throughout every stage of my life I have taught, for teaching is the natural function of demonstrating life. Thus, I naturally have a teaching function. Even if I do not carry this out in any formal sense with people, my life is demonstrated and, therefore, a form of teaching.

That is why as my life becomes allied with Knowledge and expressive of Knowledge, my life will become the teaching itself. Then, in whatever avenue I am directed to choose for myself expression, which will be genuine according to my nature, I will be able to express my teaching in gestures great and small, in words and without words and in accomplishments in every avenue and walk of life because I have come to the world to teach. The world can only teach me that I need to teach the truth. That is the world’s teaching to me. It teaches me of the great need for Knowledge, and it teaches me of the presence of Knowledge. Thus, the world serves and supports my true function, as I serve and support the true function of life.

I will remember this idea upon the hour. In my two deeper meditation practices I will give myself to thinking of this very, very carefully. These are practices of mental engagement now. I will think of the meaning of today’s idea. I will realize that I have always been teaching through demonstration. I will think of what I want to teach with my life and think of what I want to fortify with my life. I will think of what I want to give and think of what the world has given to me to stimulate this true desire. All these things will generate right thinking and right action, and through right thinking and right action Knowledge will flow effortlessly through me to bless life around me and to bring purpose, meaning and direction to my relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment